Friday 24 October 2008

Evaluation

Self Evaluation

Attainment- 2: i think the level that im working at is very good however there is still room for improvment

Effort- 2: I think that i have been working really hard in my independent study posting a lot of posts.

Punctuality- 2: I am always in lessons and i m always on time however i might have missed some lessons due to illnesses etc.

Submission and quality of homework- 3: I have to admitt i have been given a lot of detentions for handing in my homework late however i have learned from this mistake and right now i am doing a better job in handing it my homework on time.

Ability to work independently- 3: i hate working by myself as i like group work however i do come up with great ideas by myself.

Quality of writing- 2: i think that my writing quality has improved throughout the years and now i right longer essay

Organisation of Media folder- 1: I have a media folder and i believe that it is up to date with everything i need

Oral contributions in class- 1: i contrubute a lot in class answering questions and sharing my ideas to other people in the class

Standard of Module 5 blog- 1: the proof that my med 5 blog is good is the fact that i got a silver for my blog from mr bush

Standard of Module 6 blog- 3: My med 6 blog is not as good as my med 5 blog but i think that is because we have not been asked to do much on their.

Course Evaluation

How well is the course organised - 1: very good organisation and it seems like every lesson is planned and we can see this as mr bush is tellin us what we gonna do in febuary etc.

How intresting is the content that is covered - 2: the independent study is intresting as we are researching something we chose but the med 6 course is quite boring as we have to read alot of stuff from the media guardian

How useful are the handouts - 3: We get a lot of handouts but it seems like the information from the handouts a repeated.

Have the lesson been paced well - 3: The lessons are quite boring and they seem like they go on forever. I would recommend more group work or maybe you should give some time on the computer to research more about our topic than us doing it at home.

What is the standard of the teachers’ presentation/subject knowledge? - 1: You seem like you know your stuff and your presentation style is good because somehow when ever we talk in class we start debate which makes the lesson more fun.

How well has the course met your expectations? - 2: The course met my expectaions as i knew that we were gonna work very hard this as you can see from all the homework you give us but i would like the lessons to be more practical.

Have the extra-curricular events been useful? (eg. Awards Eve.) - 1: The media awards evening helped me alot as it showed me that i my hardwork has been acknowledged and this will automaticaly make me work harder in lessons

Has the Macguffin Blog been useful? - 1: This blog has been more than helpful. I can't imagine me doing this independant study without the macguffin blog.

Three things i like about this course:

www:
The macguffin blog
The amount of self evaluations we do
The media awards

ebi:
More practical work in lessons
More work on independent study in class
We shouldn't get homework every lesson. Don't forget we got other lessons especially sociology where we are doing an independant study as well.

No comments: