Monday 20 October 2008

Self Assessment Work

A01-
My research is full of migrain analysis of videos that relate to my study such as trailers and clips from the film therefore i thijnk i have done very well in my A01. I think that i have done well here because i have some experience with using MIGRAIN as i have been using it throughtout last year for Bullet Boy, Kidulthood, BFC and most importantly in my med 1 analysing posters, films, music videos etc. Eventhough i have done a migrain analasis on lots of videos such as the trailer of Domino and Wanted, i will need to analyse them with more depth for example when i was analysing the Domino trailer, i have talked alot about the media language and the presentation of woman in the trailer, however, i did not talk about the institution or the ideology or the narrative. I will improve in these parts with a little bit of more research on my study.

A02-
To be honest I am struggling in A02 as i find it hard to research on the political, economic and social factors of SHEP however i did talk about the history of the film and the overall story of it. I will go about covering these factors of the wider context by going on websites such as media guardian, guardian film review and rotton tomatoes. I briefly talked about the current zeitgeist but i did not mention the word. I talk about the male gaze which is growing in todays world however i will need to show my understanding of the zeitgeist more in my blog and link it to my study.

A05-
I have a title and hypothesis in my blog and it's basically about how woman challenge stereotypes in movies such as Domino. My research has mainly from the internet which is partialy good as the internet has become very important in the 21st century filled with information that is useful for me however i am working on using more books and magazines in my research to enhance my independent study. I also got reviews on my blog from rotton tomatoes and the guardian film reviews talking about Domino. However, i will need to find more criticism and qoutes which are relevent to my study and research.

SYNOPTIC ABILTY-
I have included alot of previous knowlegde in my blog such as MIGRAIN and narrative theories like the male gaze because my study is about woman and how they do not always follow the stereotypes of woman such as being being used for male appeal and sex objects. I will need to talk more about the uses and gratification theory as it will be relevent for me to research on how the audience of Domino will react to the film and if it will dramatically change the rle of woman in upcoming films.

CRITICAL AUTONOMY-
This whole study i am doing is based on my independent work and the new ideas i bring across and i think i have done that quite well so far in my analasis of videos and posters. Even though i need my own critical autonomy, i will also need a lot secondary resource such as reviews and articles to help me understand my topic a bit more.

QUALITY OF WRITTEN COMMUNICATION-
I think that my work is well presented with lots of good media terminology and i also have three blogs to make it easier for me and my pears to look through my work without getting confused. One thing i need to start doing is spell chacking my work as when i look back i see lots of spelling mistakes which makes it harder for people to understand the point i am putting across.

No comments: